A widespread bathroom faucet is a faucet that consists of 3 separate pieces. Spreading from centerline to centerline, a widespread faucet with two handles are usually installed 8 inches apart. It is a type of faucet that is usually installed in large bathroom counters and sinks to make a bathroom look stylish and to make it have a more modern look.
The installation process of a widespread bathroom faucet is more or less the same as the installation process of other faucets. The only major difference is that you don’t install one large piece, but rather you install 3 separate, they are small pieces.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Fist, pick up the center spout or piece of the bathroom faucet and turn it upside down. Take a rope of plumber’s putty and wrap it around the bottom. Place the spout on top of the center hole in your sink and then push it into place.
- Secondly, tighten the nut at the end of the spout from below using your hands. Tighten the nut from below using a basin wretch until the spout is completely tight. Check to ensure the spout doesn’t move when it is pressed.
- Thirdly, take a small rope and wrap it around the base of every faucet-handle valves. Position the valves into the right place on one side of the spout.
- Now, you need to tighten the nuts that are holding the valves. Tighten the nuts from below using your hands. When you can’t tighten with your hands any further, take a basin wretch and use it to finish tightening the nuts until they become snug.
- On the end of the spout, thread the T-connector, and then tighten using your hands until it is snug. You should tighten until one arm of the ‘T’ faces every one of the valves.
- Next, take a plumber’s tape and wrap it around the threads on every underside of the bathroom faucet valves. Use a screwdriver to screw on the faucet lines gently and run them to one of the two sides of the T-connector. Wrap the tap around all sides of the T-connector and then attach the faucet lines.
- Next, take a tape and wrap it around both ends of the water valves, and then run the water lines to every faucet valves. Go ahead and attach the water lines to the faucet valves.
- Fit the bathroom faucet handle onto the tops of the water valves from above, and use Allen key or screwdriver to tighten the escutcheon into its place.
- Take the faucet handles and put them onto the tops of the water valves and tighten all the screws that are holding them in place. Lastly, push the decorative caps that are hiding the screws into position on top of the bathroom faucets. Test the faucets by turning on the water.
Things you need
Before you start the installation process, you should ensure that you have every tool and every material that you might need during the process. Here are the things you will need to get the job done:
- Basin wretch
- Adjustable wretch
- Allen key or screwdriver
- Plumber’s tape
- Plumber’s puty
Widespread Bathroom Faucets | Delta Faucet
Delta widespread bathroom faucets come in a variety of styles and finishes. Choose from contemporary to transitional …